Women's March is bringing Power to the Polls to Wisconsin! Power To The Polls is a campaign to fight voter suppression and build electoral power for women, people of color and impacted communities across the country. We are engaging 10 priority states on a national tour to register, educate, and mobilize voters to take action in the 2018 midterm elections.
- Rachel Carmona, Women’s March COO
- Nantasha Williams, Women’s March Political Co-Lead
- Sabrina Madison, Progress Center for Black Women Founder
- Khary Penebaker, Everytown for Gun Safety Survivor Fellow
- Tatiana Washington, High School Democrats of WI Development Director
- Alemitu Caldart, Selame Caldart, Hiwot Schultz, 50 Miles More Activists
- Stephanie Vang, Women’s March WI Northern Regional Director
- Violet Kilmurray, Women’s March WI State Co-Chair
- Sarah Pearson, Women’s March WI State Co-Chair
- Stephanie Ortiz, Women’s March WI Director of Outreach
- Black Leaders Organizing for Communities (BLOC)
- Indivisible Madison
- Wisconsin NOW
The day will include speakers, performances, canvassing, phone and text banking, postcard writing, fellowship and more. Additional details will will be posted to the Facebook event.
Wisconsin’s marginalized and progressive communities have been attacked by voter suppression efforts—the same voter suppression that impacted the 2016 election results. There’s too much at stake in this primary to sit on the sidelines. We have a real chance to build a progressive majority that will fight for the people. This year, we won special elections in Wisconsin Senate Districts 1 and 10, and we elected Rebecca Dallet to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Voters are saying NO to the racist, sexist, xenophobic, ableist, and transphobic policies of the Trump administration and majority in Congress.
We can win by amplifying the voices and power of women in the electoral space, supporting local grassroots leaders, and electing more women and people of color to public office. Be a part of the movement for victory by registering for the Wisconsin Power To The Polls tour stop today!
Nantasha Williams, Women's March